No class time is available to teach basic shooting skills. If you believe you cannot pass the proficiency test with a score of 175/250, (70%) or better, you should consider enrolling in our basic learn to shoot class. One on one sessions are available.
Concealed Handgun License course length is 10 to 15 hours.
To apply for a Concealed Handgun License in Texas you must be:
- A resident of Texas.
- 21 and legally able to buy a handgun under both Federal and State law.
- Not judged to be chemically dependent or of unsound mind.
- Not ever convicted of a felony anywhere, and no convictions of a Class A or B misdemeanor in the past 5 years.
- Not subject to a restraining or protective order.
- Not delinquent in payment of taxes, child support or any money collected by any Texas Governmental entity.
- Out of state residents may apply for a non-resident license if they meet all other requirements listed above.
You must qualify using a .32 caliber or larger. If you qualify with a Semi-Auto, you may carry any type or caliber handgun. If you qualify with a revolver, you may not carry a semi-auto legally
The shooting proficiency test will consist of 50 rounds of timed fire on the state specified target. 20 rounds at 3 yards 20 rounds at 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards.